Who doesn't shop at Walmart from time-to-time? I know I do.
And I used to shop there a lot more. Shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, baby wash, sunscreen, make-up ... all of it. All different brands, all from the convenience and seemingly low-cost of Walmart.
And then Arbonne and I met and it was time to break up with my friend W.
1. No parabens allowed. Do you know what parabens are? They are a preservative used in many personal care products and it allows the products to have a 10-30 year shelf life. Parabens as an ingredient have come under concern because when parabens are absorbed into your blood stream, they increase your estrogen levels, which can lead to an increase risk in breast cancer. New studies have come out that have found six different parabens in breast cancer tumors, and they’ve also found markedly higher rates of parabens in women’s urine than in men’s. Which makes sense because women have been lathering themselves with this toxin at much higher rates.
2. Did you know there are over 1,300 banned ingredients in Europe and only 11 ingredients that are banned in the United States? Well, there are. And that makes. me. cringe. What exactly have I been slathering all over my body all these years? But with Arbonne, I don't have to worry about that because Arbonne products do not use any of those 1,300 banned ingredients.
3. Arbonne has never tested on animals and they are recommended by PETA. This is an important one for all you fur-parents out there.
4. The products are Vegan Certified! I'm not vegan. So why does this matter to me? It matters because it means that the stuff I'm slathering all over my face and hair and body are made without animal products or by-products. Most U.S. cosmetics use animal fat from rendering plants as a filler. Unfortunately, a lot of times, this causes allergic reactions in people, and even though I've never had a reaction from the five-dollar lotion or lipstick at the drug store, I mean, it's just gross.
5. The products last me longer. They come in an airless pump (like a push pop) and a little bit goes a long way (even on my very sensitive, very dry skin). Most skincare lines last one to three months, but Arbonne's last at least twice as long as the typical brands.
I ask you to take a look at what you're putting on your body because what goes ON your body, goes IN your body.
Bonus reason Number 6 why I love Arbonne? There's a 45-day money back guarantee.